Happy Thursday Friends! There is no way to be happy every single day of your life. Things go wrong, your run late, and sometimes your day is just “off”. I wanted to share five ways I have found helpful to living a happier life.
- Do what you love. By doing what you love, often, you can live a happier life. There are hobbies or interests that we all love, and making time for them in our schedules will allow us to be happy. It is so easy to get too busy with what life brings you, that you place hobbies and interests on the back burner. Just make time to truly do what you love. For those of you that do what you love every day, that is another gift in itself!
- Practice being thankful. Happiness can actually be found all around you, if you just take a minute to look. Sometimes writing a list or picking out 3 things you are thankful for each morning can jumpstart your day! It is so easy to compare and think of what your life may lack in this world of comparison, but each person has so many unique talents, treasures and things to be truly thankful for. Appreciation is a great source of happiness.
- Smile. Yes, it is really that simple. Start smiling more. There is nothing that says happy more than a smile.
- Rid your life of the negative thoughts. In today’s world we are always comparing ourselves to others, and seeing our flaws. But what we do not realize is the huge negative consequences this has for our life. Each time you have a negative thought or feeling, try replacing it with a positive thought or word of affirmation. You are enough, you are important, you are doing great etc. Also, surrounding yourself with friends and family that lift you up helps too.
- Be Youself. How easy is that? It is easy to be unhappy when you are pretending to be someone else, or trying to live someone elses life. Being Authentically and Unapologetically Yourself is pure happiness. It comes easy, and the rewards to being yourself are never ending.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week, and can practices some of this to start living a happier life.
Happy New Year! It is incredible how fast 2017 flew by, and now 2018 is here. Every year during this time we all start our resolutions for fitness, health and lifestyle goals that slowly dissolve as the year goes on. I have decided to share the 18 things I am incorporating into my 2018 for long term success.
#1 The first thing that I want to start with is a planner. I have always purchased a planner at the beginning of each year and promised myself to use it. This year I am going to take time to become more organized and write things down.
Here are some of the cutest planners I have found, all inexpensive and from Amazon! So you can get your planner in two days (prime shipping) and start staying organized.
#2 I am going to take the initiative to drink more water. Not only because I know it is good for me, but you feel better, have better workouts, better skin etc. I usually entice myself to drink more water by buying fancy water bottles and telling myself that will make me drink more. This year, I have decided to stick to my goal, and drink water with a slice of lemon in various pretty cups, you should too! Sounds silly, but a few dollars on a reusable cup may be what you need to kick start your health goals in 2018.
#3 Develop a routine for your life. Morning and Night, I have a strict routine that I am starting and sticking to for the rest of the year. From the time of day I take my vitamins, reflect on my day, wash my face, do my skin care routine, what day of the week I do my laundry and so much more. By coming up with a routine that fits your schedule, it will develop a habit and become easier to get these things done daily/weekly.
#4 Be active. Whatever that means to you, be active in some way. For me that is going to the gym and running outside. I have already signed up for my first 5K of the year! Whether you become active by yoga, kickboxing, at home gym, your local fitness club or just getting outside, take the step to live a more active lifestyle.
For me personally, I have the an Apple Watch (rose gold), which I use to track my fitness goals and share my results with my friends.
#5 Take time away from your devices. It so hard to be present in the moment when we are constantly looking at our phone, tablets, computers and everything but the people we are with. This year I want to make it a point to be more present in the moment and take time to put my phone away at a certain time each night, and more importantly when I am with my friends and family. This will help strengthen your relationships and enjoy what is going on in the moment.
#6 Take time to smile. Just by smiling you become happier, and can make those around you happy too!
#7 Write thank you notes. I am a huge fan of taking the time to write someone a thank you note. Whether they did some big or small, a hand-written note can make a world of a difference. It is so unheard of to write a thank you note nowadays. These are a few of my favorites, to keep on hand. I throw some in a drawer in my desk at work and it my car because you never know when you will need them!
#8 A positive mind. Keep positive about whatever life throws your way!
#9 A healthy balanced eating habit, not a crash diet. Focus on eating foods that will fuel your body, and permanently add them to your life.
#10 Read a good book, or do a daily devotional. Taking time to better yourself in any way is always beneficial to your life. Here are a few of my daily devotionals!
#11 A good daily moisturizer with SPF. Not only does having a daily moisturizer with SPF help with aging, it prevents skin cancer and acts as a protective layer to your skin. My Fiance and I both use a daily moisturizer on a regular basis.
#12 A budget. It is not only important to have a budget if you are trying to save money, but being on a budget of any kind can allow you to have money for travel and leisure items. I have always had a budget, and will continue to make it a part of my 2018.
#13 Being organized in your home. This is something that I need to work on specifically when it comes to using something and putting it back when I am done with it. I always use things to get ready or try on a few outfits and then create a small mess that I save myself to pick up later. This year I am going to work on putting things back as I use them, in order to remain organized.
#14 Make your goals and follow through with them.
#15 Implement the two minute rule. This is something that I discovered recently while reading an article. If the task can be done in two minutes or less, do not push it off, just do it immediately. This simple rule will make you more efficient.
#16 A good pair of Sunnies.
#17 Go the extra mile. In 2018 I want to make sure that I go the extra mile, be kinder than necessary, more patient and always look to help those around me.
#18 Share your goals and inspire others.
Happy 2018 Everyone!! Wishing you all a Happy New Year.