Happy Monday! It is finally June, and I have just about 8 months until my big day. There are so many fun things that go into wedding planning so I thought I would make a fun post sharing some things that only Bride’s understand. Whether you are already married, or on your journey to saying “I Do”, you can relate to the following:
- You can insist that your girls come on a shopping trip with you (for the dress) but only so they can sit there and watch YOU try on clothes, LOL.
- Your dream wedding will remain a dream if you do not put Pinterest down and be reasonable. Pinterest is great for grabbing ideas in the beginning of the process, but stay off Pinterest once you start making final decisions.
- You should not DIY everything, major headache.
- You will not be able to walk the entire day in 5 inch heels, so choose comfort.
- Everyone will have an opinion or advice on your wedding, and not all of them will be kind or helpful. It is your day, so make sure you do it your way. (Within reason)
- Your heart will feel like it is about to burst.
- The font on the Save the Dates..needs to match the invitations, and the wedding signage, and the seating chart, and…. do not sweat the SMALL things.
- To do a first look or not?
- Hair up, no hair down, how about a half up half down?
- I will not go over budget (REPEAT 20 times throughout planning)
- Flowers are how much?
- Constantly saying “my wedding” instead of our wedding to your Fiance. (oops, personal truth! Joseph always corrects me, it is OUR day after all).
- Your “Day Of Planner” is like an angel on earth, sent to save your wedding day from any and all imperfections. (More details on my amazing Wedding Planner later on the blog)
I have been really loving the wedding planning process, mostly because my mom is so involved and helps plan every detail. She is constantly making appointments for me to meet vendors, working with the planner, and just being awesome. I could not do it alone, and it is so nice having someone who is listening to what you want for your big day.
Another fun part of wedding planning and being a bride, is being able to wear things that say your future last name or Bride! I have been loving this super soft tee from the cutest Etsy Shop!
They have Robes, Tees, Tanks, Denim Jackets, Accessories and so much more. All you Brides-to-be need to check them out; they can customize the items as well! If you are shopping for a bride to be, the shirts are the perfect gift! I have been wearing the Bride Vibes Tee non stop. Check out SS Design and CO
Have a wonderful week!