Hello Friends! I wanted to share 5 helpful tips that have helped me stop running late and start being on time. My whole life I have always used “Fashionably late” as an excuse to why I was never on time for anything. As an adult, I have to not only strive to be on time, but have in fact mastered being early to most things.
Here are my 5 Tips:
- Make a schedule and stick to it. One of the best things that you can do for yourself is plan out your events on a weekly basis. Be sure to give yourself enough time in between each thing you must do and perhaps add buffer time. You know that traffic accident that you couldn’t avoid? Problem is solved when you add buffer time and plan to arrive early. Making a schedule does not mean that you will never run late, it just means you are prepared to be on time and on schedule more often then not.
- If you are always on time with a minute to spare- set your clock forward. Possibly play a trick on your brain and set your clock in your car/home forward by 5-10 minutes. This will make your mind account for the time shown and you will start arriving early/on time to your activities.
- PREPARATION. Boy oh boy I cannot stress this one enough. Being prepared is a complete game changer when it comes to running late. I find it so helpful to pack my gym bag, make my lunch in advance, and set reminders at night. When I wake up I am able to get up and go without the stress of running around and doing a million things. I am able to maintain a consistent workout schedule, eat properly, have a good day at work and be on time to all events when I take the time to prepare for what is to come.
- DO NOT SNOOZE. When your alarm goes off, make sure you get up the first time and do not snooze. If you are always tempted to hit the snooze button, try placing your alarm across your room so you have to get up and walk to turn it off. At this point you are already awake and standing up- so just get your day started!
- Aim to be early. If you are always desiring to be early, you will be on time. There was this saying I heard one time “If you’re on time- you’re late, If your early you’re on time, and if you’re late you shouldn’t bother at all. Make sure you desire to be better, and be on time.
Being on time is more than just a good thing to do for yourself. Depending on who you are meeting and what it is for, it is respectful to be on time. Being on time shows that you are considerate of the people you are meeting no matter how important the issue.
Good Luck on using these tips to avoid being late!
Happy Thursday Friends! There is no way to be happy every single day of your life. Things go wrong, your run late, and sometimes your day is just “off”. I wanted to share five ways I have found helpful to living a happier life.
- Do what you love. By doing what you love, often, you can live a happier life. There are hobbies or interests that we all love, and making time for them in our schedules will allow us to be happy. It is so easy to get too busy with what life brings you, that you place hobbies and interests on the back burner. Just make time to truly do what you love. For those of you that do what you love every day, that is another gift in itself!
- Practice being thankful. Happiness can actually be found all around you, if you just take a minute to look. Sometimes writing a list or picking out 3 things you are thankful for each morning can jumpstart your day! It is so easy to compare and think of what your life may lack in this world of comparison, but each person has so many unique talents, treasures and things to be truly thankful for. Appreciation is a great source of happiness.
- Smile. Yes, it is really that simple. Start smiling more. There is nothing that says happy more than a smile.
- Rid your life of the negative thoughts. In today’s world we are always comparing ourselves to others, and seeing our flaws. But what we do not realize is the huge negative consequences this has for our life. Each time you have a negative thought or feeling, try replacing it with a positive thought or word of affirmation. You are enough, you are important, you are doing great etc. Also, surrounding yourself with friends and family that lift you up helps too.
- Be Youself. How easy is that? It is easy to be unhappy when you are pretending to be someone else, or trying to live someone elses life. Being Authentically and Unapologetically Yourself is pure happiness. It comes easy, and the rewards to being yourself are never ending.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week, and can practices some of this to start living a happier life.
Welcome back to the Blog! Fall is finally here and that means it is time to share Top 10 Fall Amazon Purchases!
We all know Amazon is amazing and convenient, so I want to share this seasons Top 10 Fall Amazon order must haves!
I hope you are enjoying the start of Fall, even though in Florida it is still SUMMER HEAT. Happy Shopping!
Happy Fall Everyone, in case you missed the recipe on my Instagram post I am sharing it on the Blog!
PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES WITH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
INGREDIENTS:Pumpkin Spice Cookies:
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
- Cookie Sheets
- Parchment Paper
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)
- 8 oz. block of Cream Cheese
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Cookies:
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and fold into cookie batter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop a spoonful of the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixer until blended.
- Add powered sugar a cup at a time and continue to mix until sugar is incorporated.
- Finally, add cinnamon.
I hope you Enjoy this recipe as much as I did. So perfect for Fall.
Happy Wednesday Everyone!
It has officially been about a month since I moved in my new home. Since then a lot of things have changed, and one thing in particular is that I have started to cook. I have cooked my entire life from time to time, but never on a weekly basis. My mother always cooked for us growing up and my Fiance loves to cook as well, so I never really had the need to cook for myself all the time. (That was the good life right?) So, with that said I have begun cooking for myself on a weekly basis and decided it would be fun to share some of the recipes and outcomes along the way. Shoutout to Food Network which basically is my inspiration for any type of recipe I am in search for.
This week the Menu was as follows:
- Lean Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry and Jasmine Rice
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Green Beans and Salad
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Taco Night with Yellow Rice
So basically, my thought process on this was to try to cook easy, healthy meals for the week. While also practicing my cooking skills and testing my limits. Cooking is not necessarily a difficult task, it just takes preparation, patience and determination.
I shared on my IG Story the steps by step process of the Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry (EASY) and then posted a photo of the final product:
Not trying to “Toot my own horn” but this is going to be a once a month recipe for me and my Fiance. He LOVED it, and we ended up finishing the entire recipe which serves four- ourselves. The sauce was so complimenting to the chicken and the Broccoli, and was just the perfect hint of sweet and spice. I cubed the chicken a little larger than the recipe called for because we LOVE chicken, so I would just make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the larger pieces are fully cooked. The Broccoli basically melts in your mouth and hands down it was VERY easy to make. If you have all the ingredients ready to go, it is a quick, nutritious, delicious meal with easy cleanup for a weekday meal.
If you do happen to try out this meal, be sure to tag me on Instagram and let me know how it was~
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Getting married is a big deal, and finding a wedding band that fits your style is not an easy task. Let’s recap a little and get you up to speed- Joseph and I got engaged on Jacksonville Beach on July 23, 2016 so we have been engaged a whole two years! (Still can’t believe it) We have had a long engagement due to the fact that we wanted to graduate with our degrees prior to being married. We both graduate August 3, 2018, mission accomplished. Our wedding date is February 23, 2019 in St. Augustine FL.
Now that you are up to speed, we have been browsing wedding bands here and there with little to no luck. This past weekend we ended up strolling in to Diamonds Direct located in the St. Johns Town Center to take a look at their selection. I have a Vintage styled Neil Lane Ring, and I have constantly struggled finding a matching band that compliments my unique styled ring. The two things I consider when looking for a band are how wide the band is and how much sparkle does it have. Living in Jacksonville our entire lives, Joseph and I are always shopping and grabbing dinner in the St. John’s Town Center. It was sort of a no-brainer to look for our wedding bands at Diamonds Direct, especially when I found out they have the largest selections of Diamonds in Florida. If you are indecisive like me, it is important to feel like you have seen everything that is out there before making your decision.
Joseph and I are always on the go, stressing out with school, work, buying our new home, getting settled, planning a wedding, volunteering and so on. Walking into Diamonds Direct, we felt relaxed knowing that we were going to do something for US was the highlight of our weekend. As we walked in, we were instantly greeted by friendly sales staff who offered to get us a drink. Not just any drink ladies, they have WINE- that’s right, you can enjoy water, soda, beer, wine or champagne while you try on diamonds. So with sparkling sweet wine in our hands (yes, we are both fruity drinkers) we started looking through the stunning showroom that is literally wall to wall diamonds and fine jewelry.
Ladies first, so I went straight for the sparkles. I would not say I am a very “picky” person when it comes to jewelry, I just prefer sparkles. The cases were extremely clean and every single ring seemed to shine, which made trying on bands very fun. As I explained my desire for my wedding band to match my ring, I felt like I was truly being listened to. I was surprised to find out that Diamonds Direct offers Custom Design Services, and can create the ring you envisioned for your big day! What a relief to know that I was not limited to the designs that I saw in the case. Of course, as I started trying the bands on my finger, I instantly felt the surreal “I am getting married” feeling all over again. It sounds so silly, but when you find the ring that fits you it feels right. Just like when you find the person that you intend on spending the rest of your life with.
I tried on so many different styled bands, from thin to wide, from colored to white gold, from curved to straight it was such an experience learning about the different styles. I ended up finding a band that had the same design as my engagement ring and it was love at first sight. Here is what I chose:
I literally fell head over heals for this band, and I can’t wait until February when I will finally get to wear it every single day. I also had fun testing my boundaries and trying on styles I normally would not go for, by trying on such a wide range of diamonds I was able to make the most educated decision about my wedding band. No wonder I have heard that Diamond Direct is the go-to source for diamonds, they truly have a style for everyone. Here are some gorgeous pieces that I enjoyed trying on:
Next up, Joseph’s Wedding Band. He had it in his mind that he wanted something SPARKLY, just kidding he wanted a Tungsten ring. He tends to go towards Black or Grey rings instead of a white gold or gold styled ring. He had so much fun looking at wedding bands, and learned about the different materials used to make the bands. He felt educated and confident that he was choosing a quality band. Although not as glamorous as mine, he enjoyed having the attention on him for a try on session.
The ring featured above ended up being the one Joseph chose! He loved the color and it matches his watches and most outfits. He chose it because it is Tungsten like he wanted and very practical. Now that we both had fallen for the one, we wanted to make sure the rings had a warranty of some kind. We were so pleased to find out that there is a Lifetime service and maintenance on the rings, free stone replacements (very important ladies) and they do not require that you come in for check ins on a monthly/yearly basis. However, you will want to stop in every once in a while, get your bling cleaned and enjoy a drink on the house. Diamonds Direct truly makes you feel at home and the environment is so welcoming, I will find myself stopping in for a cleaning every time I am at the Town Center.
Overall, the staff went above and beyond to just be there the entire shopping experience, which made it fun and easy. That is why I will be a Diamonds Direct girl for life! I know that I will want to upgrade my ring eventually (maybe 10 year anniversary, wink, wink) and Joseph appreciated their 110% lifetime upgrade. Just another reason your man will thank you for bringing him to Diamonds Direct.
These two bands are so special to us, and such a memorable moment leading up to our big day. I can’t wait to place Josephs ring on his finger and finally be Mrs. Campbell!
If you are looking for a Wedding Band, Engagement Ring, or ANY kind of Jewelry be sure to come to the Diamonds Direct this Friday through Sunday and attend the Destination Diamonds Event. You will thank me later, trust me. This is a rare trunk show, where you will be able to meet the designers and enjoy the gorgeous showroom like Joseph and I did this past weekend. Sales will include 20-30% off, free wedding band with engagement ring purchase, financing specials and even a chance to win a trip to Mexico (Say what!?) I will be attending this Saturday, and hope to see you there!
Thank you Diamonds Direct for Sponsoring this post!
When I had my Save the Dates for my upcoming wedding in mind, I immediately thought “classic, sparkles, and picture-perfect”. I have never helped plan a wedding before, and with no prior experience in creating Save the Dates, I turned to Google for some help. Minted was the very first site to come up, and within one click I knew that I was going to be ordering from their site. Not only do they have endless customizations, they are entirely geared toward producing the products of your dreams. You know the Save the Dates you see scrolling through Pinterest while planning your Wedding Board? That’s Minted- Inspiring, dreamy and #WeddingGoals !
Where to start?
So I started by looking at the main “Minted Weddings” Page, and selecting “Shop Save the Dates”. I am the Queen Bee of being indecisive, and noticed that they actually offer to send free samples of any design or a design kit. I could order free samples for days, so I decided the design kit would be most appropriate to order. Within a week, I had my design kit in hand, which included styles, colors, paper thickness, envelope options and more. (Who knew that choosing the details for the Save the Dates could become more challenging than wedding dress shopping.) The fact that I was holding a tangible product in my hand made all the difference. So back to their site I went, samples in hand and fell in love with the Intrigue Foil-Pressed Save the Date Cards. I uploaded this photo from my engagement Photo Shoot with the talent Photographers (We are the Bowsers– Lauren & Jared) and saw it visually on the card, the rest was history.
From that point, I really drilled down on the details and added my personality to them. You can choose the color of the Foil on the front and I of course loved the Gold (sparkly and so classy). I really liked the way the Gold Foiled popped on the front. On the back of the Save the dates, we decided to share our story- written entirely by my Fiance- he is seriously the sweetest and I am so proud and happy that he is so involved in the wedding planning process. I asked my wedding planner to preview the Save the Dates (Go stalk her she is the cutest thing ever- The Eventful Gals) She made sure that I included the verbiage “Formal Invitation to Follow” and the Wedding Website. The best part about Minted is that once you are ready to place the order, they send you a proof and allow you to make changes! Here is what our proof looks like-
Next up Envelopes and Stamps! You can customize the color, shine, style and font on the Envelopes. It was so so hard to choose what I wanted them to look like, because the designs are all so beautiful. At this point, I was not willing to slap a normal Forever Stamp on them and mail them. I had to customize the stamp with another amazing photo from our Engagement Session. I am so obsessed, I ordered extra for myself and my mom to keep!
All in all, Minted was the easiest, most stress free piece of my wedding timeline. I will forever be a customer, and would recommend them for anyone looking for Save the Dates, Wedding Invitation Suites, or just Invites for your next Celebration. Their customer service is fast to respond to any questions, and if you can dream it Minted can do it. They will customize anything beyond what you see on the site. There is an awesome feature where you are able to provide additional details and instructions for your order.
My Save the Dates are so beautiful and more than I could have ever dreamed of. I can’t wait to be married in Feburary 2019!
Thank you Minted for Sponsoring this post!
Happy Sunday! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that I am not only getting married in 7 months, but I have purchased my first home! I am so excited and nervous for all of the fun new things that have been brought into my life. I am 23, about to graduate college, get married, have a home and I feel like I am truly “Adulting”.
I have not always been the most organized person, and I am also the type of person who gets stressed out very easily. The more organized and in control I am, the more relaxed I feel. I wanted to share some amazing things that have helped me grow up and get organized lately. Hopefully they will help you too.
- Write down a To-Do List for upcoming tasks all in one spot. I used to solely rely on my memory to keep track of the things that I need to get done. Then slowly but surely, I started to write things down in my Iphone Notes, Planners, post it notes. The thing that you need to do is find the ONE way that works best for you and stick to that. That way all of your information is in one place.
- Create a “home” or place for everything. As I got older, I have accumulated many items and sometimes life can get cluttered. It is important to put things back in their “home” once you are done using them. If you can’t find a home for something, you probably do not need it, or should get rid of (donate) other things to make more room.
- Clean on a regular basis. Pick a day of the week that works best for you and make sure you clean you room, bathroom, car etc. If you make it a habit, you will always have a clean space and feel more relaxed.
- Donate things a few times a year. As the seasons change, so does your wardrobe. If you are me for example, you accumulate new clothes all the time and that leaves some things collecting dust in the closet. There are so many people in need in your community and if you have not worn the item in 6 months- 1 year then you probably should donate or sell it. If you have name brand clothing that you do not want to just donate, and could use a little cash in your pocket, you can sell on Poshmark. I have personally used Poshmark and have nothing but good things to say about it.
- Check expiration dates of food, makeup (yes makeup is actually not good forever), hair care products etc. This helps declutter what you currently have.
- Create a list of all your passwords, emails and login information in one area. As you get older you have multiple emails, online banking information, apps, reward programs, Amazon Accounts and so on. Not every password and login credentials are the same, and it is so nice to be able to keep them all in one place to reference.
- Make sure you schedule time for yourself. This is something that I have always struggled with. Do not say “yes” every time someone asks you to do something, otherwise you will always be running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Whether it is working out, getting your nails done, watching a movie, or reading a book… taking time for yourself is great for your mental health.
This upcoming week I will begin packing up my belonging and moving them to my first home, I am so excited. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, where I will be sharing more home decor posts, and fun lifestyle posts!
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future- Jeremiah 29: 11
Are you going to be shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year? There is pretty much only one answer… YES! So I have compiled a run down of everything you need to know to shop smart and save the most.
When is the SALE?
If you DO NOT already have a Nordstrom Card (I DO) and you want to get one (free) to get early access to the sale, go ahead and Click HEREWhy should you get a Nordstrom Card?Only Nordstrom card members will be able to shop the sale during the Early Access time frame.
– Earn 2 points per dollar spent in stores and online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club.
– Plus, get a $40 bonus Note when you make any purchase with Nordstrom on your new card the day you’re approved.
Why should you shop the Sale?
Shop for yourself, your husband, your wife, your kids, friends and so on!
Anniversary Sale Catalog HERE
Men’s Catalog HERE
Can you still shop online and pick up in the store?
Yes, and I recommend doing that. In the store you will be able to shop different items then the ones you see online.What type of clothing is on sale?This sale is unlike any other, it is all the newest Fall trends you could think of, ON SALE. When the sale ends August 5th the prices will go back to their original price. I love to get a few coats, boots, heels, jeans, tops and beauty products. There is something for every one and every style at this sale.Keep your eyes peeled for some upcoming #Nordstrom dedicated posts to my “Wishlist” and things I purchased myself.Happy Shopping!XoXo,Kayla
Happy 4th of July to all of you! I hope by the time you are reading this, you have enjoyed a great day with your family and friends celebrating this beautiful holiday. I wanted to share Four Fitness Challenges for you and ME to try to conquer for the remainder of this month.
- Stretch before every single workout this month. Yes, even before doing cardio.
- Incorporate Jumping rope into your routine, whether that is at your own house or at the gym, get that heart rate up.
- Do a form of cardio 2-4 times a week….. consistently.
- Last but not least, do a minimum of 3 workouts every single week. The more the merrier.
Good Luck, and Happy Fourth of July!