This past Saturday we (Joseph and I) made our way to Alley Cakes Bakery in Neptune Beach FL. She came highly recommended from so many friends and family, and I am going to share some information on our Tasting and Tips for your own wedding! Along our tasting adventure we brought my mother and our two good friends Connor and Shauna!
Upon our arrival we were greeted with Mimosas (Yum) and the prettiest assortment of cake, brownies, cake pops, macaroons, rice krispies, lemon bars, and cookies OH MY!
Something that is unique about Alley Cakes Bakery is that everything is made from scratch, and she makes the most amazing “pinterest” perfect cakes around.
My top 3 Favorites from the Tasting:
- Champagne Cake Pops
- Oreo Cake Pop
- Poppin’ Bottles Cupcake (Champagne Vanilla Cake with a Bubbly Champagne Buttercream, light pink and gold Sprinkles )
Joseph’s top 3 Favorites from the Tasting:
- Oreo Cake Pops
- Peanut Butter Cupcake
- Sugar Cookie
For our big day we have decided on having a Wedding Cake, Grooms Cake, and “Small Desserts” which is what Alley Cakes is best known for. With all of that in mind, we still have 11 months to choose our our final product which is truly nice when you never know what the new trends will be in 2019! We will be back very soon for a dessert date!
Ps. We may or may not be having Chocolate Covered Bacon at the reception! (Guess you’ll have to wait and see)
Tips For Wedding Cake Tastings:
- Be open to all flavors of cake/desserts, something that surprised me was how amazing the Red Velvet cake was. I usually would say “I am not a fan” but it was amazing. By trying everything once, you can easily pick and choose your favorites or even surprise yourself with a new favorite.
- Make sure to ask questions about when the wedding cake and desserts will be made. Alley Cakes makes hers fresh the day of, I would recommend ensuring your desserts will be made the day of or night before.
- Take friends and family with you (just not everyone). We had two friends and my mom come to the tasting and it was so fun!
- Show photos of what you would like your product to look like, this helps share your vision.
- There is usually a fee for a cake tasting so be sure to nail down your favorite ones and ask what the fee is and how many people can attend.
- Ask for a quote with different options. This helps if you are indecisive, sticking to a budget or have not nailed down your guest count yet.
Wishing you all a wonderful week! 355 days until “I Do”