I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I wanted to discuss a new topic that you will be seeing on the blog and my Instagram on a regular basis. If you already follow me on Instagram, then you probably have seen me introduce the new hashtag I will be using “#BrideBody”. I wanted to give more details to what Bride Body is, what it means to me and how it can help you!
What is #BrideBody?
#BrideBody is a Hashtag that I came up with as a way for you to easily find my fitness tips, tricks and insights via the Instagram world. It is an idea that came to me, during the stressful times of my wedding planning about how I was truly trying to balance it all. Mental Health as well as Physical Health are so important to our lives. I wanted to be a resource to Brides and women in todays world, that may be going through a stressful time (such as planning a wedding) and offer them sound advice that may help them along their journey. The #BrideBody posts that you will see will incorporate:
- Workout Videos
- Photos- offering tips/tricks
- Mental Health Recommendations
- & so much more
By sharing this journey towards my wedding day, I hope to connect with many of you and share advice of all kinds. This is NOT just for the bride to be, but the woman trying to make a change or enhance her life. I will continue to incorporate #BrideBody after my wedding day!
How can #BrideBody Help You?
Whether you are a bride-to-be (Congrats!) or just a woman looking to do more, #BrideBody can help you by offering you insight on how I achieve my goals in the gym, what I enjoy eating, how to better tone my body, ways I focus on my mental health, and just real footage of what I am doing to push myself every day! I hope that I can add a few new workouts to your current routine, get you back into working out or maybe even spark some fire to working on mental health.
I just hope that I can help you in some way.
What are my current goals for my big day?
My current goals for my Big Day is to be to tone my body, eat a more natural diet (less/no processed foods) and really focus on my mental health. I think all three of these things can attribute to my ideal #BrideBody and help me feel confident from the inside out.
I am so exited to share with you via Instagram and the Blog! If you want to use any of my tips, or give your own input use the hashtag #BrideBody and Tag me in it! Feel free to shoot me an email or direct message for additional content that you want to see more of related to this topic!
As always, have a wonderful week!
Come back soon.
With the weather being so rainy lately, I thought it would be fun to share 5 things that I love to do in Jacksonville Fl on a rainy day. Who says you can’t make the most out of your weekend, even if the forecast is 100% rain?
The Edge Rock Gym
The Edge Rock Gym is so much fun and usually you can keep your eye out for a Groupon or sale on their site! Basically it is the most “fun” time you will have working out. It is an indoor rock climbing facility, and the more friends your bring the more fun you have! You can get competitive and race side by side, as well as enjoy different levels of climb from easy to expert.
I love to go here for two or three hours with my fiancé and we literally feel SO sore the next day! It is just as much of a burn as leg day!
Movie Theater Date
Going to the movies is always a good time. Take time to unwind and see a good comedy, a scary movie or in my case some super hero movie with my fiancé! He is such a fan of all things super hero and Star Wars! The best way to treat yourself on a rainy day is to see a movie in a theater with the reclining seats! Just be sure you don’t fall asleep.
Autobahn Indoor Speedway
If you are feeling a little adventurous, Autobahn Indoor Speedway is the place for you! It is a high speed Indoor go-karting facility that is super fun, but not cheap! Be prepared to spend a little money, while having the most epic go-karting experience Jacksonville has to offer. I personally love to go here because I am so competitive in nature. Fun for the whole family for sure.
Grab breakfast at a local spot
The most delicious breakfast I’ve had, that is unique in location/ decor is at the Cool Moose Cafe and The Fox ! These two spots will leave you stuffed and needing a nap! They have such a large menu, and the coffee is delicious! I recommend getting there a tad bit earlier than you plan on eating, needless to say they are very popular.
Despite what you may think, Top Golf offers a whole lot of fun on a rainy day. For those of you who have been to one, you know that the actual building is covered. This allows you to enjoy food, drinks, and a few rounds of the golfing game with those you love most. What is more exciting than a challenge like adding rain to the equation? Top golf is fun, challenging and a great place to spend time with friends and family!
So next time there is a rainy day in Jacksonville, now you know the top 5 places you should go! I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Happy Sunday to Everyone, I hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful Mother’s day! It has been such a busy weekend, and since we are now into May, it is time to start finding that perfect Summer and Resort Wear. Two things that I love to focus on when looking for a great outfit to wear on vacation is how colorful and how fun the piece is. I have two adorable outfits to show you from Escapada Living:
The first is a dress, called The Bonnie Dress, is a perfect Off The Shoulder beauty to pack for that quick Island Getaway. I love the color and print so much, and it can easily be dressed up with a pair of heels or down with a pair of sandals. I will be taking this beauty from sunset strolls on the sand to dinner with my Fiance.
The Second look is the gorgeous show stopping (literally) Naomi Romper. A romper is always a good idea, and this one has pockets! I mean nothing is better than being able to stick your favorite lipstick in your pocket and head out for a fun night on vacation. I love this romper because it is so feminine, functional and FUN. Personally I pair this piece with cute heels and head out for a night of dancing, boating and just true resort living.
If you are looking for the best vacation outfits check out their website Escapada Living Website
Wishing everyone a wonderful week!
Happy Monday! The weekends are really starting to fly by for me with wedding planning, only 9 more months til “I Do” and I could not be more excited. I have been obsessed with the polka dot trends lately and have been wearing this adorable red dress from Forever 21 on repeat. It is so fun, and it will be perfect for a date night with my Fiance. I love the polka dot detailing because you can dress it up or down by simply changing your shoes. I was wearing this dress with sandals during the day while shopping, grabbing breakfast and running errands. Then slipped on my heels to add a more dressed up look, for a date night and going out with friends.
Another reason I love this dress is because you feel like twirling around in it, and its so fun! I linked some of my favorite Polka Dotted finds from Forever 21 below!
Happy Wednesday Everyone!
I wanted to share my hands down #1 best shopping advice that I have ever received. There is always that one thing that catches your eye while you’re shopping in a store. Whether it’s an article of clothing, a piece of home decor, or just something that you think you have to have. The best shopping advice that I have ever received is that if you do not love it in the store you will never wear it or use it. In the past I have often tried to buy things because they were on sale, a good deal or simply didn’t want to miss out. Those things either sat in my closet or were never used and I wish I had taken my own advice.
I usually apply this to clothing, especially when I am feeling too lazy to try something on. It is so easy to just give it a shot, only to get home and find out you grabbed the wrong size, it’s too short, or just not your style. If you are 50/50 about it to begin with, you most likely won’t like it. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for trying new trends, patterns and styles. However, you need to LOVE IT. When you look at the dress in the mirror and think “hmmm.. maybe it will work” you will probably bring it home and never wear it out.
Using the rule that if you don’t love it in the store you won’t love it later is a time saver, money saver and headache saver.
Ps. Thanks Nana for this shopping tip! She taught me everything I know about shopping til ya drop ❤️😘
When you look good, you feel good! It is finally May 1st (this year has really flown by hasn’t it?) It is time to make those summer resolutions and start working hard on your fitness goals. It’s so much easier, when you love your workout attire, to love your workout.
Lately I have been absolutely loving the Ellie Activewear line for my summer body workout regimen. From gym floors to pavement, I can lunge, sweat and stretch my way through my fitness routine.
I love the detailing in the pants, they even have POCKETS! Which is always super amazing to hold your phone while using your hands to workout. I am a huge fan of pockets and can’t rave enough about how comfortable these are!
Last but not least, a good sports bra is hard to come by, and Ellie Activewear has mastered the cute and reliable sports bra! I love the way they fit, they have padding and are just a total confidence booster. Safe to say, I will be caught wearing my Ellie Activewear on repeat!
Ellie Activewear launches 3 new sets each month, with free shipping and no commitment.
Be sure to check them out, I am so excited I will Be receiving my May Box tomorrow ☺️
Wishing everyone a wonderful May!
After voting on my Instagram Story, over 70 % of you wanted to hear about all the things that I have learned while being engaged. To top it off I thought I would invite my Fiance, Joseph, to chime in on all the things HE has learned while being engaged. So let’s get started!
Ladies first, right? Here is what I have learned:
- The first thing that I came to realize about being engaged was that it is not all about the ring. Of course, it is fun to celebrate and share the magical moment of him asking for my hand in marriage, but the purpose behind it all is the real showstopper. The fact that we are in a covenant for the rest of our lives and working towards marriage, a family and life long happiness.
- Second, I learned that everything good in life takes time. We chose to have a very long engagement (2 years) to plan our wedding, and the reasoning was so that we could complete our degree program in college. Everything is going according to plan, but it was not a very quick engagement and then you are married turnaround. I personally think a long engagement is more fun because you have time to plan out your wedding, celebrate, save for a first home and grow together.
- You have a new name “Fiance”, for the first few weeks you will be shouting from the rooftops that you are a Fiance now. As the time goes on, you won’t really mind being called girlfriend still, or future wife by others. Fiance is just a label, and that’s that.
- Budgets are born. So for me, I have always been a huge saver my entire life. When thinking about a future together as husband and wife, you will discuss things like how much each of you will be paying for the combined bills (like mortgage, insurance, cable, internet, water, electric etc). Luckily, Joseph and I actually agree on almost all financial decisions and allow ourselves to budget our own spending money to enjoy while breaking down our combined bills.
- Communication is key, especially during the stress of wedding planning. Most women know that the men really do not care about the color of the flowers or what your Invitations look like. While all the hustle and bustle of wedding planning that may be going on, remember to take time for your significant other each day. Ask how their morning or day at work went, and my favorite thing that Joseph and I both say often is “How can I better serve you?”. It is amazing knowing that the other person is there for you no matter what.
- Disagreements do not go away. Once you are engaged, there is no magic love spell that makes you get along perfectly. Like any other couple, you will have bumps along the way.
- Add you ring to your insurance policy, something I did not know about!
- Getting married young has a lot of pros, we will be married in February and do not have any children, which leaves time to travel and enjoy experiences before starting a family.
- You may decide you want a dog, but not agree on which type. Ok, so we both LOVE dogs, but he wants a Belgian Malinois and I was thinking a Golden Retriever, or possibly German Shepherd. We shall see who wins this.
- You will care about the little wedding details that you said you would not. My top priorities for the wedding are my dress, photos and video. His are food (typical) and “me” he says. LOL
- MANY people will offer you wedding advice, so just make sure you take it with a grain of salt, it is your big day not theirs. Although some advice is very helpful, others may not be.
- Lastly, I have learned that life is too short to sweat the small things, you are engaged and going to spend a lifetime with your bestie! Focus on what really matters most, each other.
The Fiance’s Side:
- Don’t Sweat the Little Things – Life is too short to constantly stress about every little thing involving your partner. For as long as you’re certain that you’re spending your entire life with that partner; it is not worth it to sweat the little things. In the past, I would get so worked up over the smallest of details whereas now, I go with the flow! Relationships can get really complicated if you make them that way!
- Accept your Lady for Who She is – There are a whole lotta’ great things about Kayla, might I say. She’s all that and a bag of chips! With that said, nobody is perfect (although she’s pretty dang close); she does have flaws like everyone else. I’ve learned over time that those “flaws” mean almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. In the past, I attempted to change Kayla in one way or another to “better” these flaws; whereas now I’ve learned that if pushed too hard, this can lead to resentment and unhappiness from both parties. If you can learn to accept someone for who they are, you will live a much happier life.
- Love Grows and Changes – The honeymoon phase is great and all, but everyone knows that it doesn’t last forever. Kayla and I have been together nearly 4 years. If you asked me how I love her today, it would be a completely different answer from 3 years ago. Today, I see Kayla as the love of my life, my best friend, my confidant, and the future mother of my children. 3 Years ago I would’ve probably said I love how gorgeous, awesome, and fun she was (These are STILL true!). I can only imagine how my love will grow and change whenever Kayla and I get married and move in together (MAKEUP AND HAIR PRODUCTS EVERYWHERE!! CAN’T WAIT)! When Love grows or changes, it is not a bad thing; it’s simply a part of how things work, and should be completely embraced.
- Support your Woman to the End of the Earth – I will never be the person to stop Kayla from following her dreams. I will always be the person holding her hand the entire way and making those dreams a reality. In Kayla’s first days of blogging and instagraming, she was on the verge of quitting it all together because a full time job and full time college was making her passion near-impossible. This “quitting” phase happened not just once but twice. I’ve always tried to push Kayla to help her become the best she can be. When Kayla’s ambition tells her to photograph 5 different outfits in 5 different locations over a 2 hour time span, I’ll always be the one that helps make it happen (I’m the photographer! Yay!). I will always do my best to support her, endlessly.
- Financial Selfishness Stops Now – Back in the day, I used to love buying Fitness Supplements, Guns, Ammo, Miscellaneous Amazon Items, and whatever else I wanted. At one time, I had a 2014 Ram 1500 Truck with a 5.7 Hemi which I loved dearly (Prior to this, a 2008 Mustang). All that changed shortly after we got engaged. I was struck with the realization that soon, all of this random stuff and money in my bank account would become “our random stuff” and “our money”. I thought it was completely wrong to give my future spouse my debts, when I racked up the debt before we were even married. I traded in my truck to get a 2015 Ford Focus Hatchback (The savings are totally not worth it), in order to save money on a car payment, car insurance, and gas. Also, I stopped buying random stuff (This one took a while, I’ve only started getting 100% serious about this since Fall of 2017). All-in-all, I have tremendously less debt now than I did then and I am so proud to say it. Kayla and I are both on a budget now which limits most frivolous spending. As a side note, I’ll say I am a lot happier having less. Life sure isn’t about material items and buying new stuff each week (Although, I want a truck so bad!).
- Fighting isn’t Fun, but is Sometimes Necessary – I’ll start this by saying that, In general, I suck at communicating. When Kayla and I have fights, sometimes they’re so beyond productive that we both grow from the argument. Usually, this is due to me letting information out that I was holding inside; Kayla then learns these things and can adjust or help me in different ways according to the issues I didn’t communicate until that argument. Other times, when either both or one of us is having a bad day for example, and an argument is started; that argument can be completely completely pointless. We are both passionate about everything, including arguing. When we fight or argue, we almost always grow from it and better ourselves in one way or another.
- Team work makes the Dream work – I don’t always want to consult with Kayla before I make a big decision, but 100% of the time, I should. A partner can feel betrayed if they’re not consulted before their special other asks their opinion first. Many times, when I’ve already made up my mind on something (I am stubborn), I will still at the very least tell Kayla I am doing something before I do it. This may not exactly be Team Work per say, but its the best way to keep both parties on the same page before big decisions. On the other hand, more than once Kayla has shown me the cons of my idea (Whereas I only saw the pros), and then changed my mind on a decision. I will say that I am still guilty of (rarely) making decisions without telling Kayla but I am working on improving this. Engagement, or even marriage, is all about discussing things and communicating 100%. Working together as a Team almost always (if not always) has advantages over working alone.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, as much as we loved writing it. It was so fun to have Joseph join in the blog post this week, maybe we should have him write more often? Let me know!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Mother’s Day is right around the corner (May 13, for all of you running to look at the Calendar now). This year, make sure you let your mom know how much you love her without stressing about ways to celebrate her at the last minute. There are so many ways to show your appreciation, and it can be done on any budget.
For the Budget Friendly gifts ($25 or less)
- Grocery Store Flowers & a card (Publix, Whole Foods, Fresh Market and so on all have pretty flowers that are budget friendly.)
- Make a home made coupon book of things you can do for your mom.
- Get her a $25 gift card towards a nail appointment.
- Take her to see her favorite movie.
- Spend the day with her, shopping with her and carry all of her bags.
- Clean the house for her. (Moms love this)
- For the busy mom, get her car cleaned for her.
- Make her breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Gifts $25 and up
- Treat mom to a day at the Spa.
- Take her out for a Mother’s Day Tea. * I will be doing this for my mom at the Chatsworth in St. Augustine FL, keep an eye out for a full blog post on our experience.
- Manicure and Pedicure, and yes Guys you can get a pedicure with your mom!
- For the tech Savy mom, hook her up with a new Ipad, Phone, or computer.
- Get her concert tickets, to see her fav artist.
Gifts or no gifts, any mom truly cherishes the time she has with her children. Just spend time with your mom, tell her you love her and make the most of it.
Here are some photos of me and my GORGEOUS mom:
Wishing all you Mom’s a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Is it Just Another Manic Monday? I used to be the Queen Bee of Manic Mondays, and let me tell you, those days are long gone. I have finally decided to start being a planner… and for anyone else who knows me, I am the opposite of a planner naturally. I am the type of person that can go with the flow, take random trips without a specific destination, and just fly by the seat of my pants. My Fiance, however, is a planner. He loves to have a very strict schedule, workout at the same time every day, plan his meals, and it allows him to structure his life. What I have come to realize, is that I can still have fun and make last minute plans while adding structure into my day to day life.
It all starts with little things, like doing your laundry every Sunday, working out on a schedule, and using a calendar app to organize your meetings! By adding structure, the first thing that I noticed is that I had a lot less anxiety and worry about upcoming events. I felt more “in control” and it allowed me to feel like I had a game plan. Mondays are just like jumping in the deep end of a swimming pool. If you have a game plan with a little structure, you are jumping in with floaties on, ready for what is ahead. If you just throw yourself into the Monday pool without any preparation, no game plan, no list of reminders, you will often times find yourself sinking to the bottom of the pool unable to stay afloat.
Whether you have a corporate job, an internship, you are a full time student, stay at home mom, fitness instructor, self employed, and so on… planning can add a healthy balance to your life. Mental Health is so important, yet it is usually placed behind our physical health. Why would we do that? By focusing on helping yourself stay organized, planning, and adding structure to your life, your mind will thank you. Everyone has had an anxious moment, fear of missing a deadline or assignment, forgot to check something off the to-do list, was late to a meeting, and all of this could have been solved by gearing our minds with the proper plan. This is not to say that you will never have a bad day and your life will be sunshine and rainbows, because plans do go wrong. Bad days do happen. By taking small steps in planning your individual tasks, those “bad” days will be few and far between.
Tips that have helped me on a Manic Monday (Or Tuesday, Or Wednesday.. or ANY day!)
- The night before, plan out your to-do list and make sure you are prepared.
- For me, this means packing a gym bag, work clothes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and my school essentials.
- Make sure you have taken a look at your Calendar.
- For me, this means making sure I am ready for that 8 am sales meeting, and study session at the Library after work.
- Make sure you have gas in your car.
- Ok, really though, I used to be SO bad about this. I always make sure I have half a tank or more in case of emergencies. Plus, running late on a Monday to only find out your are on Empty is never fun.
- When you bring food, drink or anything into your car, make sure you toss the trash the same day. This will prevent clutter in your car, so things do not get out of hand.
- I used to leave coffee cups in my car cup holders, just toss it when you are done!
- Make sure you have healthy snacks, just in case you are stuck somewhere unexpected. Prevents *HANGRY attitudes.
- Water is just as important as food. Drink water often.
Happy Monday to you! I hope you take charge of your week!
Look at that, you have made it half way through the week, and the weekend is up ahead. Before you get to your Saturday Brunch plans, let me tell you a little secret. Stripes are in this Season! Stripes are a big trend right now, they are effortlessly cute, figure flattering, trendy, and a vacation must-have. I mean take this striped dress for example~ I wore it to Church, then on a coffee date, and I am going to rock it at the beach this weekend! How versatile can one piece of clothing be?
Stripes are fun, because they can take your outfit from simple to something. Dress it up, or dress it down it is a Spring must have. Also, keep in mind stripes are always great to we are on the Fourth of July!
Here are a few of my favorite striped JUMPSUITS!
Here are a few of my favorite striped DRESSES!
Here are a few of my favorite striped TOPS!
Here are a few of my favorite striped SHORTS!