It is that time of year again! SPRING SALES- here are my picks from the Nordstrom Sale Happening Now.
Here is our wedding Video, by the talented team: We Are The Bowsers
I hope you enjoy watching as much as we do!
Hi there, and welcome back to my blog! Today I am going to be answering the most commonly asked questions I get about my hair, extensions, what Salon I go to…etc.
So grab your coffee, tea, or fav drink and let’s jump right into it.
Do you wear hair extensions?
Yes- I do wear hair extensions and have been for years. I have worn clip ins, and NBR (Natural Beaded Row) Extensions. Currently I am wearing Natural Beaded Row Extensions.
Where do you get your Hair Extensions Done?
I have been going to Maeghen Soucinek (The Hair Queen) at Vera Salon Co. She is worth following on Instagram, and the most down to earth Hair Artist I know. She is the owner of Vera Salon Co, and her Salon is located in Lake City, FL. She has a very talented staff, and they are trained on NBR Extensions as well.
Can you explain NBR Extensions?
NBR, also known as Natural Beaded Row is best described by the Professionals at Vera Salon Co:
“Hand Tied Wefts are sewn-in beaded rows customized to each clients needs. Multiple pieces of extension hair are custom colored and sewn onto a row using a bead and thread. The custom color of the extensions hair and the clients hair is what makes our hand tied wefts seamless on each clients head. Our hand tied wefts are less damaging than any other extension method because there is NO glue, NO tape, NO mess when removing, and there are LESS points of contact on the head, which ensures less damage. Hair extensions are something we don’t take lightly… Most of us wear them ourselves, therefore we can personally say from our own experience, that this method is like no other! Nothing compares, honestly. With hand tied wefts, each client has enough hair to cut into, in order to blend into the natural hair. Not to mention, it gives you the ability to still wear your hair up, brush through without snagging a tab, and still manages to hide seamlessly in your hair. How can anyone say no to that?! These extensions are meant for all hair types.”
Are Natural Beaded Row Extensions Comfortable?
Yes, they are SO much more comfortable than clips ins. You do not have to rearrange them or worry about them showing. You can go from wearing your hair down to throwing it up in seconds. They lay flat on your head, which is AMAZING! I actually forget I am wearing them sometimes!
What length are your extensions?
I have 22″ extensions, if you have been following me for a while you already know I love LONG LOCKS.
Can you wash the Hair Extensions?
Yes, you wash the hair extensions just like your normal hair. I wash my hair twice a week and you can rock the same style for a few days with little to no touch ups.
Does the hair grow out?
Yes, the hair will grow out with your natural hair and you will have to have a maintenance done around 7-8 weeks. This can all depend on how fast or slow your hair grows, everyone is different.
Do Natural Beaded Row Extensions work for different hair types?
This is one of my FAVORITE questions, YES! Natural Beaded Row Extensions are available in Straight, Wavy and Curly at Vera Salon Co. That means, for those just wanting to add length or volume to their natural hair- there is something for everyone.
Do you already have to have long hair to get extensions?
No, you do not. Even if you have short/fine hair Maeghan and her team do a beautiful job of blending the extensions, so they always appear natural.
Why choose Vera Salon?
Something that was very important to me when choosing a Salon, was finding a Salon that was not only educated on hair extensions, but was genuinely interested in getting me to my hair GOALS. From the consult, to the service I can’t rave enough about how amazing Vera Salon is. When you walk in to the Salon, it is clean and modern, everyone is friendly and let’s just be honest…. everyone has GREAT HAIR. It says a lot to me when your stylist also wears and uses her own products. In this case, Natural Beaded Row Extensions. During your appointment, you are the center of attention. You truly get a one on one experience with your stylist who is completely invested in taking your hair from it’s current state to the hair of your dreams. The staff at Vera Salon is dedicated, client centered and knowledgeable.
I chose Vera Salon because of my initial consultation experience and trust in the Salon. I did follow the Salon on Instagram before going in for my service, and the work they put into each color, cut and style speaks for itself.
Do the Natural Beaded Row Extension come in multiple lengths?
Yes, they come in different lengths and can also be cut to your desired look.
I am interested in Hair Extensions, but not sure they are right for me…
I would suggest filling out the application here scroll to the bottom of the page and you will be contacted shortly by the Vera Salon Team. Be sure to mention you read this post!
Are NBR Extensions easy to style?
Yes, they are amazing to work with, I am so thankful that I booked my appointment before my wedding. I will share some photos from my Wedding so you can see how well the extensions hold style!
Do you have a Discount code for us?
This discount will get you 10% off any service. So even if you are not interested in extensions, but want a hair makeover or a simple cut, use my code!
I hope you all enjoyed this post! I will be writing a follow up post with ALL the products and care tips you will need to maintain your NBR Extensions.
Christmas is the time of year where gift giving and bringing cheer to all those you love starts early and seems to never end. You can spend countless hours shopping Black Friday Sales, hunting the best deals in the malls only to end up frustrated and having a never-ending list. This season, the gift giving is easy for me because I am using the Gift Goddess to give personalized gifts to the people I love.
If you are a local, like myself (Jacksonville, Nocatee, Ponte Vedra, and St. Augustine) you are in LUCK. Not only can you easily shop for the perfect gift online, but you can have it delivered! If you are not a local-you are still in luck- the Gift Boxes can be shipped all across the United States.
The Holiday Collection has something special for everyone and is so easy to shop. If you do not see something that catches your eye, or perhaps have a unique idea, the Gift Goddess offers fully customizable gifts! Think about how cozy you could be this holiday with hot cocoa by your living room fire, just crossing off your list one click at a time.
So let me share my two favorite boxes that I will be gifting to some special people this season.
First is the Sweet Tooth Box- Which contains only the best things in life!
Peterbrooke Chocolate covered popcorn, Forrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates, Godiva Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds, Harney & Sons Chocolate Chai Supreme Flavored Black Tea, and FreshJax Maple Cinnamon Topping.
This box is perfect for corporate gifting, family, friends, neighbors, teachers and so on. I mean… I may or may not have considered ordering one for myself. It is the perfect go-to gift box.
Second is the Wise Men Box- which has already been a hit in my family. I told one person whom I was gifting it to and now my dad and fiancé both want one for themselves. So the men LOVE this one, without a doubt. This box contains:
YETI 20 oz. Tumbler, Kalahari Biltong Spicy Peri Peri and a Wallet Ninja 18-in 1 tool.
The reason I truly believe that The Gift Goddess is a one stop shop is because not only do the curated boxes come delivered in a gorgeous box, wrapped ever so nicely, but they include a handwritten note!
If you are interested in shopping on The Gift Goddess Website you can do so: HERE
Be sure to use my DISCOUNT CODE “KAYLA10” on your order!
It is the Holiday Season, and one of the best parts of Christmas morning for me has always been opening up my stocking. I have put together this gift guide for HER stocking this 2018 holiday season! Just click and shop!
Shopping for a coffee Lover this Christmas? Just click and shop- it’s that easy!
It is already November 1st and this year has flown by! Next up is Thanksgiving and Christmas my absolute favorite time of the year. Mostly because I am surrounded by family, friends and the best food. I have been loving the Fall Trends this year, and finally bought an overall dress (obsessively wearing it on repeat). It is so cute and fun and would make a great thanksgiving outfit.
I wore this outfit to a little Farmers Market in St. Augustine Fl called Rype and Readi!
The Farmers market is SO cute, they had pumpkins in every size, shape and color. Along with fruits, vegetables, wild animals, eggs, LOCAL HONEY (clearly my fav) and so much more. I highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in the area. Not only was this location so cute and fun, it was the perfect photo shoot location. I met up with the talented Shelby of Shelby Williams Photography and took such fun photos in my Fall Themed outfit.
Here are the latest overall trends I am loving, and you will be seeing more of on my Instagram! Click to Shop.
Wishing you all a wonderful November, and Happy Fall.
Happy Fall Everybody!
There truly is not a better Fall Staple than a pair (or multiple pairs) of the cutest booties from Famous Footwear. I love booties because you can dress them up and dress them down while still keeping your toes warm this Fall Season.
Wearing Booties with Denim/ Casual Attire
I love pairing trendy booties with distressed denim, or denim that emphasizes your ankles and feet. Why wear a cute pair of shoes if you can’t show them off? Living in Florida, the weather is hot and cold during the Fall Season and my go to shoe is a brown pair of booties with pretty little details. They are so fun and trendy, especially because they compliment practically any style. Famous Footwear has such a wide variety of booties to choose from, my favorites are from the pretty little details collection!
These booties are statement shoes that you can build an entire outfit around. I paired mine with a long sleeve and denim:
Wearing Booties with a Dress
My second favorite way to rock my booties this Fall is to pair them with a bright dress! Orange is such a Fall Color, and I live in dresses year round so it seemed fitting to style them with dresses too!
All Dressed Up Collection
Start Shopping for your next pair of Booties: Here
Thank you to Famous Footwear for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.
Hello Friends! I wanted to share 5 helpful tips that have helped me stop running late and start being on time. My whole life I have always used “Fashionably late” as an excuse to why I was never on time for anything. As an adult, I have to not only strive to be on time, but have in fact mastered being early to most things.
Here are my 5 Tips:
- Make a schedule and stick to it. One of the best things that you can do for yourself is plan out your events on a weekly basis. Be sure to give yourself enough time in between each thing you must do and perhaps add buffer time. You know that traffic accident that you couldn’t avoid? Problem is solved when you add buffer time and plan to arrive early. Making a schedule does not mean that you will never run late, it just means you are prepared to be on time and on schedule more often then not.
- If you are always on time with a minute to spare- set your clock forward. Possibly play a trick on your brain and set your clock in your car/home forward by 5-10 minutes. This will make your mind account for the time shown and you will start arriving early/on time to your activities.
- PREPARATION. Boy oh boy I cannot stress this one enough. Being prepared is a complete game changer when it comes to running late. I find it so helpful to pack my gym bag, make my lunch in advance, and set reminders at night. When I wake up I am able to get up and go without the stress of running around and doing a million things. I am able to maintain a consistent workout schedule, eat properly, have a good day at work and be on time to all events when I take the time to prepare for what is to come.
- DO NOT SNOOZE. When your alarm goes off, make sure you get up the first time and do not snooze. If you are always tempted to hit the snooze button, try placing your alarm across your room so you have to get up and walk to turn it off. At this point you are already awake and standing up- so just get your day started!
- Aim to be early. If you are always desiring to be early, you will be on time. There was this saying I heard one time “If you’re on time- you’re late, If your early you’re on time, and if you’re late you shouldn’t bother at all. Make sure you desire to be better, and be on time.
Being on time is more than just a good thing to do for yourself. Depending on who you are meeting and what it is for, it is respectful to be on time. Being on time shows that you are considerate of the people you are meeting no matter how important the issue.
Good Luck on using these tips to avoid being late!
Happy Thursday Friends! There is no way to be happy every single day of your life. Things go wrong, your run late, and sometimes your day is just “off”. I wanted to share five ways I have found helpful to living a happier life.
- Do what you love. By doing what you love, often, you can live a happier life. There are hobbies or interests that we all love, and making time for them in our schedules will allow us to be happy. It is so easy to get too busy with what life brings you, that you place hobbies and interests on the back burner. Just make time to truly do what you love. For those of you that do what you love every day, that is another gift in itself!
- Practice being thankful. Happiness can actually be found all around you, if you just take a minute to look. Sometimes writing a list or picking out 3 things you are thankful for each morning can jumpstart your day! It is so easy to compare and think of what your life may lack in this world of comparison, but each person has so many unique talents, treasures and things to be truly thankful for. Appreciation is a great source of happiness.
- Smile. Yes, it is really that simple. Start smiling more. There is nothing that says happy more than a smile.
- Rid your life of the negative thoughts. In today’s world we are always comparing ourselves to others, and seeing our flaws. But what we do not realize is the huge negative consequences this has for our life. Each time you have a negative thought or feeling, try replacing it with a positive thought or word of affirmation. You are enough, you are important, you are doing great etc. Also, surrounding yourself with friends and family that lift you up helps too.
- Be Youself. How easy is that? It is easy to be unhappy when you are pretending to be someone else, or trying to live someone elses life. Being Authentically and Unapologetically Yourself is pure happiness. It comes easy, and the rewards to being yourself are never ending.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week, and can practices some of this to start living a happier life.