Happy Thursday Friends! There is no way to be happy every single day of your life. Things go wrong, your run late, and sometimes your day is just “off”. I wanted to share five ways I have found helpful to living a happier life.
- Do what you love. By doing what you love, often, you can live a happier life. There are hobbies or interests that we all love, and making time for them in our schedules will allow us to be happy. It is so easy to get too busy with what life brings you, that you place hobbies and interests on the back burner. Just make time to truly do what you love. For those of you that do what you love every day, that is another gift in itself!
- Practice being thankful. Happiness can actually be found all around you, if you just take a minute to look. Sometimes writing a list or picking out 3 things you are thankful for each morning can jumpstart your day! It is so easy to compare and think of what your life may lack in this world of comparison, but each person has so many unique talents, treasures and things to be truly thankful for. Appreciation is a great source of happiness.
- Smile. Yes, it is really that simple. Start smiling more. There is nothing that says happy more than a smile.
- Rid your life of the negative thoughts. In today’s world we are always comparing ourselves to others, and seeing our flaws. But what we do not realize is the huge negative consequences this has for our life. Each time you have a negative thought or feeling, try replacing it with a positive thought or word of affirmation. You are enough, you are important, you are doing great etc. Also, surrounding yourself with friends and family that lift you up helps too.
- Be Youself. How easy is that? It is easy to be unhappy when you are pretending to be someone else, or trying to live someone elses life. Being Authentically and Unapologetically Yourself is pure happiness. It comes easy, and the rewards to being yourself are never ending.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week, and can practices some of this to start living a happier life.