When I had my Save the Dates for my upcoming wedding in mind, I immediately thought “classic, sparkles, and picture-perfect”. I have never helped plan a wedding before, and with no prior experience in creating Save the Dates, I turned to Google for some help. Minted was the very first site to come up, and within one click I knew that I was going to be ordering from their site. Not only do they have endless customizations, they are entirely geared toward producing the products of your dreams. You know the Save the Dates you see scrolling through Pinterest while planning your Wedding Board? That’s Minted- Inspiring, dreamy and #WeddingGoals !
Where to start?
So I started by looking at the main “Minted Weddings” Page, and selecting “Shop Save the Dates”. I am the Queen Bee of being indecisive, and noticed that they actually offer to send free samples of any design or a design kit. I could order free samples for days, so I decided the design kit would be most appropriate to order. Within a week, I had my design kit in hand, which included styles, colors, paper thickness, envelope options and more. (Who knew that choosing the details for the Save the Dates could become more challenging than wedding dress shopping.) The fact that I was holding a tangible product in my hand made all the difference. So back to their site I went, samples in hand and fell in love with the Intrigue Foil-Pressed Save the Date Cards. I uploaded this photo from my engagement Photo Shoot with the talent Photographers (We are the Bowsers– Lauren & Jared) and saw it visually on the card, the rest was history.
From that point, I really drilled down on the details and added my personality to them. You can choose the color of the Foil on the front and I of course loved the Gold (sparkly and so classy). I really liked the way the Gold Foiled popped on the front. On the back of the Save the dates, we decided to share our story- written entirely by my Fiance- he is seriously the sweetest and I am so proud and happy that he is so involved in the wedding planning process. I asked my wedding planner to preview the Save the Dates (Go stalk her she is the cutest thing ever- The Eventful Gals) She made sure that I included the verbiage “Formal Invitation to Follow” and the Wedding Website. The best part about Minted is that once you are ready to place the order, they send you a proof and allow you to make changes! Here is what our proof looks like-
Next up Envelopes and Stamps! You can customize the color, shine, style and font on the Envelopes. It was so so hard to choose what I wanted them to look like, because the designs are all so beautiful. At this point, I was not willing to slap a normal Forever Stamp on them and mail them. I had to customize the stamp with another amazing photo from our Engagement Session. I am so obsessed, I ordered extra for myself and my mom to keep!
All in all, Minted was the easiest, most stress free piece of my wedding timeline. I will forever be a customer, and would recommend them for anyone looking for Save the Dates, Wedding Invitation Suites, or just Invites for your next Celebration. Their customer service is fast to respond to any questions, and if you can dream it Minted can do it. They will customize anything beyond what you see on the site. There is an awesome feature where you are able to provide additional details and instructions for your order.
My Save the Dates are so beautiful and more than I could have ever dreamed of. I can’t wait to be married in Feburary 2019!
Thank you Minted for Sponsoring this post!
Happy Sunday! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that I am not only getting married in 7 months, but I have purchased my first home! I am so excited and nervous for all of the fun new things that have been brought into my life. I am 23, about to graduate college, get married, have a home and I feel like I am truly “Adulting”.
I have not always been the most organized person, and I am also the type of person who gets stressed out very easily. The more organized and in control I am, the more relaxed I feel. I wanted to share some amazing things that have helped me grow up and get organized lately. Hopefully they will help you too.
- Write down a To-Do List for upcoming tasks all in one spot. I used to solely rely on my memory to keep track of the things that I need to get done. Then slowly but surely, I started to write things down in my Iphone Notes, Planners, post it notes. The thing that you need to do is find the ONE way that works best for you and stick to that. That way all of your information is in one place.
- Create a “home” or place for everything. As I got older, I have accumulated many items and sometimes life can get cluttered. It is important to put things back in their “home” once you are done using them. If you can’t find a home for something, you probably do not need it, or should get rid of (donate) other things to make more room.
- Clean on a regular basis. Pick a day of the week that works best for you and make sure you clean you room, bathroom, car etc. If you make it a habit, you will always have a clean space and feel more relaxed.
- Donate things a few times a year. As the seasons change, so does your wardrobe. If you are me for example, you accumulate new clothes all the time and that leaves some things collecting dust in the closet. There are so many people in need in your community and if you have not worn the item in 6 months- 1 year then you probably should donate or sell it. If you have name brand clothing that you do not want to just donate, and could use a little cash in your pocket, you can sell on Poshmark. I have personally used Poshmark and have nothing but good things to say about it.
- Check expiration dates of food, makeup (yes makeup is actually not good forever), hair care products etc. This helps declutter what you currently have.
- Create a list of all your passwords, emails and login information in one area. As you get older you have multiple emails, online banking information, apps, reward programs, Amazon Accounts and so on. Not every password and login credentials are the same, and it is so nice to be able to keep them all in one place to reference.
- Make sure you schedule time for yourself. This is something that I have always struggled with. Do not say “yes” every time someone asks you to do something, otherwise you will always be running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Whether it is working out, getting your nails done, watching a movie, or reading a book… taking time for yourself is great for your mental health.
This upcoming week I will begin packing up my belonging and moving them to my first home, I am so excited. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, where I will be sharing more home decor posts, and fun lifestyle posts!
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future- Jeremiah 29: 11
Are you going to be shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year? There is pretty much only one answer… YES! So I have compiled a run down of everything you need to know to shop smart and save the most.
When is the SALE?
If you DO NOT already have a Nordstrom Card (I DO) and you want to get one (free) to get early access to the sale, go ahead and Click HEREWhy should you get a Nordstrom Card?Only Nordstrom card members will be able to shop the sale during the Early Access time frame.
– Earn 2 points per dollar spent in stores and online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club.
– Plus, get a $40 bonus Note when you make any purchase with Nordstrom on your new card the day you’re approved.
Why should you shop the Sale?
Shop for yourself, your husband, your wife, your kids, friends and so on!
Anniversary Sale Catalog HERE
Men’s Catalog HERE
Can you still shop online and pick up in the store?
Yes, and I recommend doing that. In the store you will be able to shop different items then the ones you see online.What type of clothing is on sale?This sale is unlike any other, it is all the newest Fall trends you could think of, ON SALE. When the sale ends August 5th the prices will go back to their original price. I love to get a few coats, boots, heels, jeans, tops and beauty products. There is something for every one and every style at this sale.Keep your eyes peeled for some upcoming #Nordstrom dedicated posts to my “Wishlist” and things I purchased myself.Happy Shopping!XoXo,Kayla
Happy 4th of July to all of you! I hope by the time you are reading this, you have enjoyed a great day with your family and friends celebrating this beautiful holiday. I wanted to share Four Fitness Challenges for you and ME to try to conquer for the remainder of this month.
- Stretch before every single workout this month. Yes, even before doing cardio.
- Incorporate Jumping rope into your routine, whether that is at your own house or at the gym, get that heart rate up.
- Do a form of cardio 2-4 times a week….. consistently.
- Last but not least, do a minimum of 3 workouts every single week. The more the merrier.
Good Luck, and Happy Fourth of July!
Happy Tuesday and Happy (Almost) 4th of July!
Hopefully we have a day full of sunshine and fun on the Florida forecast tomorrow to celebrate the 4th of July! (Fingers Crossed) I wanted to link some of the sales I will be shopping tomorrow below, click on the store name and check out these awesome deals!
Red Dress Boutique Cue the Fireworks Sale
Amazon Up to 60% off
Target 4th of July Clearance
Express Additional 50% off Clearance
DSW Up to 70% Off Clearance Event
Forever 21 Extra 40% Off All Sale
Francesca’s 4th of July Sale
Romwe Everything on Sale for the 4th
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!
Happy Monday Everyone!
I have a little “Sneak Peak” for you guys who are interested in some wedding details for my big day. I will be sharing my favorite piece from Miss Design Berry thus far, my Guest Book Alternative with Wedding Venue.
So what Miss Design Berry?
A fully customizable online shop that allows you to personalize your wedding details. They offer services for Weddings, Gifts, Parties, Business and so much more. I obviously am solely using them for my Wedding, and could not be in better hands!
What is the Guest Book Alternative with Wedding Venue?
It’s a MUST! It is traditional to have a guest book where everyone signs their name or rights their well wishes to you in a book or on an oversized photo of you and your spouse. Miss Design Berry takes Guest Book to a whole new level by taking your dream Wedding Venue and making it a piece of art! I am obsessed with our Wedding Venue (The Basilica in St. Augustine FL) and the Historic City surrounding it. It will not only be an amazing piece at our reception, but the most meaningful keepsake from the big day.
What is the process like specifically for the Guest Book Alternative with Wedding Venue?
Start by going online to Miss Design Berry and taking a look at the Guestbook Alternative with Wedding Venue page.
- You will Choose the type of material you want.
- Matte Paper, Gallery Canvas, or Framed Canvas *I went with the Framed Canvas
- Then you will choose a size based on your guest count.
- They have fun items to add on like Easels and even Snap Chat filters! (Totally optional)
- Then add to cart and checkout
- From this point, the fun begins. You get sent a form with questions on colors, wedding dates, your names, the handwriting you would like, themes, photos of yourself and your future spouse and photos of your venue. You can send photos of your wedding dress, specific pieces of jewelry, how you want your hair to look and so much more. They truly want it to be a perfect piece for your wedding.
- The artwork is then created and sent to you in a proof, where you can then request any additional changes to be made.
- After final approval the final product is shipped out to you!
What were the thoughts on the final product?
I could not believe how much attention to detail there truly was in the art. I mean even down to my jaw line being on point. The Miss Design Berry team truly did an amazing job (I am not just saying that) I am blown away and so happy that our Guest Book will be so unique and so special. I loved the Canvas and Mahogany Frame, it is beautiful and I can’t wait to get married and be able to hang it up in the house.
How easy is the Website to use ?
Miss Design Berry has a great website, where you can see examples of the work and how talented the team is. They have an online Chat system that allows you to instantly speak to someone about products, questions and more. The website is very clean, and easy to use!
Some of the things that caught my eye for my big day are: (Click Images to View Products)
If you have not already, be sure to follow Miss Design Berry on Instagram for more Wedding Inspo!
Thank you Miss Design Berry for my Beautiful Guest Book and for sponsoring this post!
Happy Sunday Everyone!
It has been such a busy last couple of weeks for myself, between Graduating with my Bachelors Degree in August, to closing on my first home, I have been pulled in so many directions. Not complaining though, life works in amazing ways and often times the plan is better than we could have imagined. I am a very anxious person and if I have too many things on my plate, or “uncertainties” I will start to feel very overwhelmed. It has been absolutely vital to me to learn to go with flow, as well as rely on my faith.
In regards to learning how to go with the flow, I have been leaning not on my own understanding, but fully trusting the plan that God has for my life. I deal with things as they come, and see God works his way into each and every part of my crazy busy past month. Sometimes we are in such a rush to get to a finish line, that we do not stop to take time to enjoy the ride. I have been looking forward to my Graduation in August, but as I am now in my last class before I receive my degree, I have taken time to reflect on how blessed I am to obtain an education at a University.
This upcoming Saturday, I will be wedding dress shopping with the most amazing bridesmaids and mother that I could ask for, and the week following that I will be moving into my first home. There is a bible verse that comes to mind every time I feel like I have a million things on my plate.
Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.
If you are always worrying about tomorrow, like I sometimes find myself doing, you will always feel on edge and stressed. If you focus on being present in your current situation and trusting in the Lord, he will guide you through each and every day. Of course, that is not to say that every day if you trust God you will have a perfect day. I have had a lot of not so fun or “good” days, which served a bigger purpose in his plan for my life. Overall, it is so important to take time to realize what is truly important in life, not how many followers you have on social media, or what you look like… but truly celebrating each and every day for what it is.
I hope everyone has an amazing week and can learn to go with their own flow. Even if you are not a Christian or do not fully believe in trusting in God, know that there is a bigger plan for your life. One last note, my Fiance is constantly reminding me to “not sweat the small things”. I would have to say I have finally come to agree with him, and focusing on all the small little things can really drive me crazy. By not sweating the small things and letting go of the things you cannot control, you will find true happiness.